So day 2.
Text at 8:00 said they needed to check with Birmingham at 10:00.
Text at 10:00 said they needed to check with Birmingham at 11:00.
And somewhere in Northern Ireland is a family going through the same thing - waiting on Evan's bed to come free in Belfast.
11:10 confirmed not going today or tomorrow but will check with Birmingham on Friday to see if there is a bed. But true to form staff in Belfast fantastic and supportive and within minutes both Evans cardiac & gastric consultants were with us at the side of his cot, so as usual Evan smiling and laughing.
But we are blessed as Evan can wait, while for many wee souls another day would be a miracle.